For several months, the Democratic National Committee (DNC) has overseen, and conducted many debates, using the intention of letting people, and Democrats, familiarize yourself with potential candidates, and prepare a wiser, better – informed decision. However, for the multitude of reasons, these events have, in lots of way, was, more entertainment/ freak – show, etc, compared to a way to get an even better understanding, and also have real questions answered. Whether, the reason is that of the format, the moderators, and the desire to hog – camera – time, we need to, perhaps, reconsider, if there might be a superior way, for these particular individuals, to convey, an even more, thorough message. With that in mind, the following paragraphs will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, 5 reasons, we’re witnessing, what some reference, as being a train – wreck.
1. Sound – bytes as opposed to solutions: Haven’t we seen, enough, of specific elected officials, blame and complain, instead of introducing viable solutions? In about one minute, with interruptions, etc, just how do anyone explain things, thoroughly? In watching the Town Hall, format, it became obvious, when candidates are made time, as well as an opportunity, absolutely answer, your message, and communication, is, both better, plus more complete! During these debates, many from the participants, appear to, merely, try, to generate a catchy, sound – byte, which, they hope, people will remember! In addition, when accusations are manufactured, whether true, false, or somewhere, between, shouldn’t the accused person, develop the right absolutely respond?
2. Everything said isn’t true: Unfortunately, politicians often make statements, which, either, aren’t true, or are, partially, false! We often witness, more, perpetuation of misstatements, than anything, relevant, and/ or worthwhile!
3. Scream – fest, not debate: Many feel, these debates have deteriorated into, more, of an scream – fest, than a real debate, or relevant, factual discussion! Shouldn’t we determine, who may best serve and represent the most beneficial interests with the nation, and constituents, than, who are able to be rude enough, and loud enough, to communicate in – over their competition, and gain, more screen – time?
4. Avoiding answers, and moderators permit: When, candidates avoid giving answers, plus the moderators permit it, those damaging the rules, gain from this! In addition, by diverting attention, and avoiding, providing meaningful, relevant responses, this becomes, more, a physical exercise, than informative!
5. The format/ strategy/ objectivity: In one debate, the moderators permitted, the candidates to pile – on, against one candidate, several perceived to consider, a so called, threat! By letting some candidates give statements, or make accusations, but not permitting time, for your accused, to retort, it skews the style, and content, from the discussion!
Wake up, America, and, don’t fall – with the hype! We need, deserve, and must demand, a greater way, to find out, the others, with the story!